Well, that was a project. And I still have one more to go. I ended up using more magnets than I thought I would need, so I will need to buy more. It was 16 magnets. 12 in the turret alone because of the 3 different weapon options. And I had used 4 in the Dreadnought, so I will definitely need more. Now besides that, It came out better than I could have imagined.What I did first was drill out the holes in each gun to place the magnets in them.
I also cut the pegs off the turret and replaced them with magnets. In addition I alos added magnets to the armor plates on the guns. This way whatever gun i choose it will still have the armor plate.
For the hurricane bolters, I put magnets on the back side of the doors and glued them in place. I then cut off the pegs on the Hurricane Bolters and glued a magnet to the back side of both of them.
Then I cut a notch out of the top of each of the hurricane bolters to make room for the top pieces of the doors, so the sponsons would fit flush to the door when placed on.
Overall I’m pretty happy with the way this came out. The only thing I wish I could have (or would have) done was magnetize the nose mounted weapons. But I think the Multimelta was a good choice.