So I ended up buying an Eldar Vyper jetbike last week. I’ve always thought that this model was pretty cool, but never got around to getting one. I’d really like to get a couple more to make it a squadron but all in good time. This post is going to be about how I replaced the Shuriken Catapults with a Shuriken Cannon. I used a similar technique as I used when I added a cannon to one of my jetbikes but this time instead of using a cannon from the guardian/wraithlord kit, I used one from the forge world vehicle upgrades.
It was a bit tricky as I really didn’t put much thought into it at first. It turned out to be fairly easy though. On one side, I cut the the catapult off completely. I filed the front and the bottom down to fit the cannon. I then also had to cut a portion of the rib cage like structure on the bottom out to fit the ammo feed portion of the cannon. I used a little green stuff as a gap filler to lower the cannon a bit after I realized it was not going to sit low enough. On the opposite side, I cut the tip of the cannon off and added the targeting probe thing that comes with the forgeworld cannon to the tip. I left the canopy, the top structure and the rear gunner unglued for painting purposes. (Thats something I have to do more often with my models because it makes it very difficult to paint some models when its entirely glued together…) All in all I think it came out pretty seamless. I think when its painted up it will look very menacing.