So after we got back from camping this past Sunday, and after a quick nap to recover from all the alcohol consumption , I started work on my dark vengeance set. I had painted up the captain earlier in the week and I wasn’t thrilled with how he came out… The green was just too dark. So with the regular marines I started on Sunday I changed up the scheme a bit to lighten it up. I originally had just done a basecoat of caliban green and then a hard line highlight of a very light green( I don’t have the pot in front of me right now) then I washed it with beil tan green. It wasn’t horrible but just too dark. So with the new marines I decided to add a step. What I did was add a drybrush of another mid tone green after the base coat and before the highlight. This worked out great. Not only does it point out the highlights but lightens up the finished model too. I think it really makes the green stand out instead of being dull and dark. These marines are coming along pretty good. I e completed 3 so far and the take about an hour each… Im Working on a plan to work on more than one at a time, kinda like an assembly line sort of thin to make them come together quicker. I have about 40-50 marines to paint so the faster I can get them done the better. The ones Im really worried about are the terminators… that bone color is going to be a bitch. but i have some old crappy termies hanging around that i can practice on so i dont screw up the nice new ones that come in the set.I’ll post pictures o the completed marines and captain tonight when I get home.